Cross-Border Movers in Winnipeg

Reliable and Effective Cross-Border Moving

Cross-Border Movers in Winnipeg
Alero Moving & Storage offers complete Winnipeg cross-border moving services that have become one of the most reliable and time efficient services today. Whether you are moving to Canada or to the U.S., NAVL can handle all of your relocation needs. Our estimators and agents are well informed on cross border moving so we can assist you and your family with all cross-border services.

Winnipeg Cross Border Moving Companies – Things to considering

There are 5 key things you need to do to ensure you get the best outcome with your cross-border moving:

  1. Do your homework

Research is your friend. Searching the internet for reputable cross-border moving companies is one of the smartest things you can do. You should also check online reviews and third party sites to verify a website’s claim. Look for a company who has been doing this sort of thing for over a decade.

  1. Find a company who has a team dedicated specifically to cross-border moving

Cross-border moving is a fiddly area of moving. With many legalities to manoeuvre, it’s hard to know which pieces of identification and which forms you need to fill out. Finding a company that can help you navigate this—and who willing provides the information rather than making you pay for it—is important to ensure you receive the best service.

Alero Moving & Storage will provide you with the necessary forms and other paperwork to help make your cross-border move seamless and painless.

  1. Ensure you get the price for your needs

Certain disreputable companies have a knack for quoting a price and then “forgetting” about additional extras. With Alero Moving & Storage we guarantee you will receive the best quote for your move. And if you find a comparable competitor’s written estimate better than a quote from Alero Moving & Storage we are prepared to offer you 10% off the difference between the quotes.

Alero Moving & Storage offers the following cross-border services

We offer the following services for US relocations:

  • bonded U.S. and Canadian carrier
  • S. military shipment
  • Fully insured
  • Fully equipped moving units
  • Professional reliable staff
  • Lowest price guarantee!


For your US relocation, you will also need to provide Alero Moving & Storage with the following documentation:

If you are a Canadian citizen:

  • A passport and photo identification
  • Birth certificate
  • Work visa or I-94 multiple entry for himself and family
  • Social insurance number
  • A 3299 Form

If you are returning to the United States:

  • Passport and photo identification
  • Birth certificate
  • Social security number
  • A 3299 Form

If it is an Estate move:

  • Notarized letter from the Trustee of the Estate
  • Death Certificate
  • 3299 Formfilled out in the name of the US resident


If you are sending a vehicle to the United States, it will need to meet specifications of the U.S. Federal Emission Standards and U.S. Federal Safety Standards. Please ask your Alero Moving & Storage representative on how to obtain this information.


The “United States Bioterrorism Act, 2002” prohibits the inclusion of food and related items from being imported into the United States on a commercial carrier truck unless the owner of the goods has received prior notice approval from the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) office. This restriction is applied to all commercial carriers including household goods movers.

For purposes of this customs regulation, food and food related items include: Canned goods, candy, snack food, infant formula, dietary supplements and dietary ingredients, beverages, pet food, vegetables, fish and seafood, dairy products, eggs and food and feed ingredients.

A customer can however move food and food related items in their personal vehicle or in their luggage if traveling by air or rail. The items must be made available to U.S. Customs for inspection. If transported by one of these methods, then prior FDA approval is not required.

How to get approval from the FDA

Customers who want to obtain the necessary prior notice approval from FDA in order to include their food items in their household goods shipments, traveling on a commercial moving van, should contact the FDA at 1-866-521-2297 for more information. A comprehensive booklet “Prior Notice of Imported Food Questions and Answers” is published by the FDA and can be found on their website at:

It is necessary to read this to ensure you aren’t delayed at customs.


There are a number of restrictions relating to firearms. It is best not to ship these items with your household. You must contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) to obtain an import permit. Some antique firearms are exempt from this requirement but you should speak to the ATF for full information. Call them at: 202-927-7777.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture has recently imposed a ban on the importation of household plants and bare-rooted outdoor plants. Contact your local customs office for more information.

CUSTOMS Contact Information

U.S. Customs and Border protection

P.O. Box 7407

Washington, DC 20044

(202) 354-1000


(go to Importing/Exporting icon and then to Informal Entries & Goods for personal use)

Form 3299 is also available for submission online through the US customs website. Visit for more information on relocating to the United States of America.

Cross-border moving doesn’t have to be a hassle

Moving should be fun, well the thought of going somewhere new, somewhere different should be fun. Let Alero Moving & Storage Winnipeg help you move without the stress and hassle that comes with uncertainty.

Our team can help you navigate the logistics and legalities of cross-border moving so the only thing you need to focus on is your family, and getting to where you need to be. One of our representatives can walk you through each step so you don’t have to worry about being stuck at customs, or preventing from crossing the border over some small technicality.

That is why you should contact Alero Moving & Storage, we offer you peace of mind, and security for an affordable price. To obtain any of the forms mentioned above or to find out more information, please call your Alero Moving & Storage representative for assistance.